New DT Album BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS

This forum is meant to bring JP fans together! Anything of interest regarding music, guitars, techniques or tour dates is welcome here!

Moderatoren: Johnnie, Axel

Antworten
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
New DT Album BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS

Beitrag von Axel »

Here a topic for the new dream theater album :wink:
Zuletzt geändert von Axel am 14.03.2009, 10:02, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
A Change of Seasons Forum
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von A Change of Seasons Forum »

I think all of us here have listened to the teaser. (well, i hope so..)
There's not much to say about that because it was a mix of the songs and it was pretty confused.
However DT gave us some clues:
-Jordan Rudess talked about the sounds of his keyboard and played some patterns with the Omnishpere (at NAMM) and during the interview he made references to the Gothic Domain.
( here: to watch the video http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere ... index.html)
-Mike Portnoy posted a comment in his forum saying that he's excited...and we have to imagine "learning to live, the glass prison.... put in an album all together.."
(To tell the truth I don't really believe it, but his comment makes me think of long and experimental songs... we'll see!)
-According to what Rich said, the album will have an heavy sound..(but we can have this perception just by listening to the teaser..)

I am very curious and can't wait for the release.. I want to think it will be a pretty good album.
We'll see..
tkharris
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von tkharris »

I know that it will be a cool album and DT will continue to grow musically.
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Progressive metal veterans DREAM THEATER have announced BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS as the title of their tenth studio album. The band commenced work on the album – their second for Roadrunner Records, following up 2007's Systematic Chaos — in October of last year.

Roadrunner will release the record on June 23. (Germany June 19.) In addition to the standard version CD, the album will also be available on vinyl LP, as well as a 3-disc Special Edition CD that will include the full album, a CD of instrumental mixes of the album and a CD of six cover songs, the titles of which will be revealed at a later date.

Six weeks prior to the June 23 street date, Roadrunner will release one cover song per week through digital retailers.

Drummer Mike Portnoy and guitarist John Petrucci are once again at the helm as producers, while Paul Northfield mixed the record.

The band will embark on a world tour in support of the album beginning in Europe throughout June which will be followed by the second edition of the band’s PROGRESSIVE NATION tour featuring Zappa Plays Zappa, Pain Of Salvation and Beardfish throughout North America in July/August.

A video for the first single, "A Rite of Passage" will be shot in late March.

The track listing for BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS is as follows:

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany

Bild
Bild
A Change of Seasons Forum
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von A Change of Seasons Forum »

At last the title and the tracklist! :D
The artwork is amazing...really beautiful!!
I think The Shattered Fortress is the last chapter of the A.A.Suite..

And I am really happy/surprised about the name of the last track.. the Count of Tuscany! Tuscany, if you didn't know, is an Italian region (where is located Firenze-Florence for example) and in the past centuries ( mainly in the sixteenth and in the seventeenth) it was just the most important cultural centre of the whole Italy.
Now, from what I see staring at the artwork there are some clues that make me think about the scientific discoveries in 1600 and the battle between Church and the scientists. God and Science.
For example there are 4 moons, Galilei discovered 4 Jupiter's satellites... the elephant scared by the mouse and the books...

Well,I just can't wait till June the 23th!
Antworten