Hier dreht sich alles um Dream Theater und die anderen Bandmitglieder

Moderatoren: Hans Muff, Johnnie, Axel

Antworten
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
MPs Prognosen für 2010

Beitrag von Axel »

As 2009 is finally winding down and no DT plans have been made public yet for 2010, I'd like to just give a quick rundown of what we have planned to prevent any rumors or speculation that I'm starting to see brew....

As you know, after Thanksgiving we will be heading down to New Zealand for the very first time and then over to Australia (with special guests Pain Of Salvation)...and then we will return home to our families for the holidays and New Year...

In an unexpected move, we will then enter the studio right after New Year's to write and record a brand new instrumental track for inclusion on the upcoming Gods Of War 3 soundtrack. This will mark the first time in the band's career we have written and recorded an exclusive track for an outside project. Roadrunner invited us to participate and we decided we were up for the challenge!

Next on the agenda will likely be a South American tour in the late winter / early spring...but we are still awaiting details on this, so of course plans are still subject to change...

Speaking of changed plans, I'm afraid I have some disappointing news for our North American fans: after serious discussion within the band and evaluations with our manager and agent, we have deciding against doing another US run in spring as we had initially planned...for many reasons, it just is not going to work out as we had originally hoped. (and yes Texas, I still remember we owe ya next time!)

Essentially, this means the BC&SL World Tour will conclude with South America (if it indeed happens) and the only remaining DT shows in 2010 will be some possible festivals and one-off shows that may (or may not) happen towards the end of the summer.

So that's the 2010 forecast for DT....

The 2010 MP forecast is another story....

Although I do plan on having some down time to enjoy with my family....I do have several things on my agenda that will keep me plenty busy (of course!)...

As most of you know, it's looking VERY likely that Transatlantic will hit the road with some shows in support of the newly released reunion album "The Whirlwind"....it looks like we found a nice little window in mine, Pete's, Neal's and Roine's schedules to make this happen in the Spring.
So we are currently looking into doing some select shows in major cities on both sides of the Atlantic during this period (it will be our first truly "transatlantic" tour - as we only did the US for SMPTe in 2000 and only did Europe/UK for Bridge Across Forever in 2001)
Details of these shows should start to firm up soon, so stay tuned...

In addition to the Transatlantic tour, I also have several other exciting possibilities up my sleeve for 2010....so time will tell what pans out and become realities....

So there ya have it for now!

Inevitably, some people will be disappointed in our plans and complain (and blame me!)...others will be excited and overjoyed (and thank me)...but it is what it is..,it's our lives and our career and this is how it looks to be shaping up for the coming months/year...

OK, there ya go! You're now in the loop....

Thank you for a GREAT 2009 (so far) and looking forward to more in 2010,

MP

Quelle: http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2443312.aspx
Bild
Atrox
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Atrox »

coole sache! God Of War ist doch dieses computerspiel?

ich hab mir eh schon gedacht, dass die band mal eine längere pause braucht. die letzten jahre waren ja praktisch nur noch arbeit für die jungs.

vielleicht kann man sich ja dann auch auf ein neues solo album oder eine instructional dvd von JP freuen ;)
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Atrox hat geschrieben:
vielleicht kann man sich ja dann auch auf ein neues solo album oder eine instructional dvd von JP freuen ;)
Geplant ist da ja schon länger was...
Bild
Atrox
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Atrox »

Axel hat geschrieben:
Atrox hat geschrieben:
Geplant ist da ja schon länger was...
jup, letztens hat JP eh in einem interview gesagt, dass er inzwischen auch gerne mal was neues machen würde. mich würds nicht stören :D
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Ich bin mal gespannt was aus der Transatlantic Tour wird bzw. wo sie spielen werden :wink:
Bild
dirk hartmann
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von dirk hartmann »

Also, ich treibe z.Zt. auf einer gigantischen TRANSATLANTIC -Welle und arbeite sozusagen Versäumtes nach, denn die ersten beiden Scheiben und die Live-Aufnahmen habe ich zwar, die waren aber irgendwie nicht richtig bei mir angekommen. Die Whirlwind habe ich jetzt doch sehr bewusst gehört und finde sie einfach spitzenmässig. Das hat mich dazu gebracht, mich mit dem älteren Material der Band auseindanderzusetzen und ich bin inzwischen ein Riesnfan von Transatlantic und hoffe auf ein Konzert im Frühjahr in der Nähe meines Wohnortes. Sie haben damals in Hamburg in der Grossen Freiheit gespielt :wink:

Ich denke, für DT ist so ein etwas grösserer Break ganz gut, danach haben sie warscheinlich um so mehr Lust, wieder neues Material einzuspielen und die für mich entscheidendende Aussage von MP "it´s our lives....." muss man einfach respektieren. Vielleicht ist der Trubel um DT jetzt vielleicht schon ein bsichen zu viel gewesen :roll:
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Mehr zum Gods of War Soundtrack:

Roadrunner Records will partner with Sony PlayStation to release an exclusive digital EP for the final installment of Sony's award-winning "God of War" video game franchise . The EP, titled "God of War: Blood & Metal", will be released two weeks prior to the "God Of War III" game, on March 2, and will feature five previously unreleased songs from five Roadrunner artists that are exclusive to and recorded for this release. The artists contributing tracks include KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, DREAM THEATER, TRIVIUM, OPETH and TAKING DAWN.

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE vocalist Howard Jones expressed the band's excitement about being a part of this EP, saying, "I have played 'God of War' on PS3 and PSP. To be a part of this game in any fashion is amazing! Let the rivers flow red with blood; there is vengeance to bestow! Bring me more new finishing blows to my enemies!"

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy stated, "DREAM THEATER recorded an exclusive instrumental track for inclusion on the soundtrack. This is the first time in 24 years that we've written and recorded a song for anything other than one of our own album, so we're up for the challenge and excited to have been asked!"

TRIVIUM vocalist Matt Heafy also commented about the inclusion of their song, "Shattering the Skies Above", on the EP and the process of writing the song, saying, "When we were initially asked to write an original song for the game, we were slightly perplexed, since we've never actually written a track for something other than a TRIVIUM record, but we answered the call as we are fans of the game. We started piecing riffs together on tour and then went into the practice space to work on our ideas as a group. This new song captures a certain energy we've been trying to harness on record. It will show all our fans worldwide where TRIVIUM is heading musically in the future."

Developed by Sony exclusively for the PlayStation family of products, "God Of War III" is set in the realm of Greek mythology and is a single-player game that allows players to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he treads through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of hell to seek revenge on those who betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
Quelle

Bild
Bild
Petruccis Son
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Petruccis Son »

Hmm. Ich wäre ja über eine Live-DVD sehr froh gewesen, aber wenn sie zur letzten Tour schon keine rausbringen wollten, dann wird das wohl diesmal nix oder? :(

Kann man in den neuen Song schon irgendwo reinhören? *sabber*
This isn't where I belong..
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Soweit bekannt ist, wird es leider keine Live-DVD geben.

Den God of War Track kann man noch nicht hören, ist ja noch in der Mache :wink:
Bild
Petruccis Son
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Petruccis Son »

Schaade.. Dann bleibt wohl nix anderes übrig, als schon jetzt auf das 2011er Album zu warten..?
This isn't where I belong..
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Eben im MP Forum gelesen:

An Evening With Tour (3 Hours)

*Just announced a few minutes ago on Eddie Trunk Live!*

Das wär ja mal cool, endlich! :D
Bild
Hans Muff

Beitrag von Hans Muff »

Wurde auch mal wieder Zeit. Dann lohnt sich so ein Event mal wieder! Bei der letzten AEW-Tour habe ich mir gleich zwei Konzerte reingezogen! Da würde ich mich sehr freuen!
Bild
metalandi
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von metalandi »

Na hoffentlich auch in Europa. War schon cool so ein 3-Stunden Marathon vor 4 Jahren.
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Ach was solls, ich pack das mal hier rein, MP hatte viel von seinem Hund auf seiner Twitter Seite geschrieben in den letzten Wochen.

Bongo Portnoy
March 12th 1996 - Feb 1st 2010
She was one of the greatest companions I'll ever have...
Rest in Peace my Mooshie...
I will miss you so so much
MP

Bild

This last picture is the last picture I ever took of Bongo....
Yesterday afternoon - January 31st 2010

Bild
Bild
Antworten