Beitrag von Axel »

Bild
Sergeant Pepper
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Sergeant Pepper »

Platz 3!! (?)

http://vampster.com/artikel/show/31909_ ... tieg_.html

Bei MTViva stands (noch) nicht, aber mehrere andere Quellen bestätigen es...

Krass... :shock:
Atrox
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Atrox »

wow sehr cool 8)

in österreich is die cd auf platz 18 in der ersten woche, damit hat DT die jonas brothers geschlagen, die ebenfalls gleichzeitig veröffentlicht haben
http://charts.orf.at/oe3/longplay/2009/woche26/
thomymayo
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von thomymayo »

JG

Beitrag von JG »

Cool,

das gab´s doch noch nie oder?
Atrox
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Atrox »

ich hab jetzt endlich zeit gehabt mich richtig aufs album zu konzentrieren und mit dem booklet dabei zu sitzen...

shit, ein sau geiles album :shock: :shock:

das solo von wither is der hammer, echt cooles rock-solo mit viel gefühl.

und the count of tuscany is sowieso genialst.

bin noch mehr begeistert als ich eh schon war, hab grad soviele feinheiten rausgehört. haut mich echt um.
Petruccis Son
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Petruccis Son »

haut mich echt um.
Wem sagst du das :lol: Ich bin froh, ein Forum gefunden zu haben, das nicht alles, was Dream Theater rausbringt zu allererst einmal ZERFETZT und dann doch denkt, ach so schlecht ist es ja garnicht. :D

Das mit den Charts find ich auch hammer.. verdammt, wie schaffen die das, so progressive und trotzdem erfolgreich zu sein??^^
This isn't where I belong..
Atrox
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Atrox »

zuerst war ich nicht so angetan, aber bei mir brauchen die DT alben immer bisschen, bis sie zünden. das gehört aber eindeutig zu meinen favoriten. alles was bei systematic chaos noch so halbgar geklungen hat, haben sie jetzt verbessert. klingt richtig rund und überzeugend.
Johnnie
Beitrag von Johnnie »

Leider habe ich keinen Beleg in Form eines Links parat, aber seit Scenes from a memory ist jedes Dream Theater Album in die Top 20 der deutschen Albumcharts eingestiegen, Octavarium, Systematic Chaos und das neue Werk sogar Top 10. Der Grund ist einfach: Dream Theater mobilisiert viele Fans, die das Album bei Erscheinen innerhalb der ersten Woche sofort kaufen. Der Verkauf bricht dann binnen zwei Wochen ein, sodaß das ALbum wieder aus den Listen verschwindet.
Bild
mcklauth
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von mcklauth »

Auf Wikipedia findet man ne Aufstellung der Chartplazierungen:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Theater/Diskografie
Sergeant Pepper
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Sergeant Pepper »

Kann es sein dass wir Deutschen dieser Liste nach die "besten" DT-Fans sind? :wink:
Petruccis Son
Mitglied
Mitglied
Beitrag von Petruccis Son »

In Finnland ist es sogar auf Platz 1 :shock:
This isn't where I belong..
Johnnie
Beitrag von Johnnie »

mcklauth hat geschrieben:Auf Wikipedia findet man ne Aufstellung der Chartplazierungen:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Theater/Diskografie
Wobei diese Liste nicht erwähnt, daß seit 1999 ein anderes Auswertungssystem läuft, das die vorherigen Alben schlechter listet. Spielt aber auch keine Rolle, die Tatsache bleibt, daß in den ersten zwei Wochen nahezu jedes Dream Theater-Album sehr erfolgreich ist.
Bild
Nico
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Nico »

Hier noch eine Bewertung von ultimate-guitar.com:

BC&SL ist mit einer Gesamtpunktzahl von 8,5 das Album mit der höchsten Punktzahl. Bewertet wurden Metal-Alben, die im Juni diesen Jahres herauskamen. Mit dabei waren unter anderem "Deströyer 666 – Defiance" (8 Pkt.), "Anaal Nathrakh – In The Constellation of the Black Widow" (7,5 Pkt.), "Killswitch Engage – Killswitch Engage" (5 Pkt.) und "Artillery – When Death Comes" (8 Pkt.).

Hier die Meinung über das DT-Album:
Dream Theater – Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Released: June 23
Genre: Progressive metal
Label: Roadrunner

By now, I suppose most of us are quite familiar with Dream Theater, their style and what their music is like. The short description could be that they're heavy, melodic, progressive and play technically challenging music.

“Black Clouds...” is certainly no exception to the above statement and I must say it comes pretty close to finding the perfect balance amongst the elements. Whereas the predecessor, “Systematic Chaos” leaned more towards the dark side of things, “Black Clouds...” incorporates more progressive rock elements, which certainly pleases this listener more than the pseudo-brutal excursions we've witnessed on recent releases. That we're getting more progressive rock doesn't mean that the metal-element is toned down much – it's still there and present in abundance, it's just that the balance is much better this time around.

Dream Theater's biggest problem is a pleasant one – their back catalogue is filled with excellent albums and life-changing music. That in turn has set the bar quite high and as most people can figure out, it's hard to set a new personal best every time you step up to the plate. I would argue that Dream Theater haven't lived up to their potential and delivered on all levels since 1999's “Scenes From A Memory”. Certainly all their albums since “Scenes...” have been at the very least good and had some killer moments and songs, but like I said – they've set the standard high for themselves and you want to see them maintain that high level.

Anyways, on to the matter at hand - “Black Clouds & Silver Linings”. I was, to be honest, not expecting much. I have learned over the years that low (or no) expectations are the best ones, and it helps with the reviewing as well. “Black Clouds...” opens up, as so many other albums by this band, with a long epic of around 15 minutes, containing just about everything you could expect to hear. Second, we have the single “A Rite of Passage”, and third a little breather in “Wither”, surely destined to be the second single. The opening track “A Nightmare To Remember” starts of a bit sluggishly, but when the softer, more gentle prog-rock section kicks in around the 4-minute mark, everything is redeemed. Even Mike Portnoy's pseudo-growls towards the 10-minute mark aren't as bothersome as one could think (though I wish he wouldn't attempt them because he frankly doesn't do them very well). Mike even managed to sneak in a section with blast beats towards the end, which is pleasing in that the band isn't afraid to incorporate new elements, but in the end they don't help nor hurt much. “A Rite of Passage” on the other hand is probably the best DT single I can remember since a little song by the name of “Pull Me Under” and in turn sports one of their best choruses ever.

One of the most discussed parts of DT lore in recent years is Mike Portnoy's AA Saga about his recovery from alcohol abuse. Four songs have, prior this album, been released and they had really set themselves up to bat it out of the park with the fifth one. Sadly, I have to say that “The Shattered Fortress” is a disappointing ending to an otherwise fine series of songs. Primarily, you have Mike Portnoy's grim vocals taking up too much space, and secondarily you have way too many repeated themes. In the older songs you always got a little repeated melody or section and that was cool, because it was just a little, little piece of the song at hand. But now the whole thing comes off rather as an overture with all the different sections taking centre stage rather than “The Shattered Fortress” being a song of its own. I counted the repeated sections awhile ago and I believe I landed on thirteen or somesuch. That's thirteen unique sections, not counting how many times they're repeated in “The Shattered Fortress”.

Fortunately, the best is yet to come and Dream Theater manage to close things out nicely with “The Best of Times”, which is Mike Portnoy's heartfelt tribute to his father. Musically it's quite Rush-esque and even though the lyrics might be a bit too much for some people, it's an upbeat song that celebrates rather than mourns, which is definitely pleasing. Finally, “The Count of Tuscany” closes things out and again they manage to balance the elements beautifully. Look out for the “Trial of Tears/Lines in the Sand”-esque section the precedes the closing five minutes and helps the song set itself up for the climax. In fact, the entire song musically wouldn't have sounded much out of place on “Falling Into Infinity”. The only dud is that lyrically I don't find it to be very accomplished, but I'd rather take solid music and mediocre lyrics than the other way around.

This fairly long review closes with the following statement: Dream Theater have delivered one of their best albums in many, many years. I would rank this as their best album since “Scenes From A Memory”, and most people would agree that that's a pretty darn good grade.
Bild
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Axel »

Hier noch mal ein erschreckendes Beispiel dafür, was man mit der DVD so alles anstellen kann :lol:

http://www.neilmcdougall.com/?p=30
Bild
Antworten